Are you ready for your move?
Use our free checklist below!
- Reserve your moving company as soon as you know your move dates. 2-4 weeks is recommended. Especially in the summer or if moving at the end of the month, booking your mover ahead of time is very important.
- Start to clean out and pack areas like closets, the garage, and attic first.
- Get change of address cards from your local post office prior to moving.
- If you are packing yourself, make sure to properly label all boxes as you pack. Write the room that they will be going to at your new residence.
- You can never be too prepared for a move. Properly prepping for your move will greatly affect how smooth, safe, and in a timely fashion your move will go.
- By law, your moving company cannot transport hazardous materials such as gasoline, propane and other flammables, ammunition and explosives. Plan accordingly.